Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You are booking a stay at Little Menherion, which we will refer to here as a wildcation.
- A contract between the person making the booking and Searching the Clouds LLP (Little Menherion’s trading company) will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed wildcation dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- We, us, the owners are Searching the Clouds LLP.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions, including accommodation rates, without notice provided that no such amendments or additions will apply retrospectively to bookings that have already been confirmed.
- All costs shown in any booking confirmation will be respected.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 (eighteen) years of age.
- A 25% deposit of the wildcation cost is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid no later than 10 (ten) weeks before your arrival date. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your wildcation will be treated as a cancellation.
- Bookings made less than 10 weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full.
- The price quoted is per cabin, for a maximum of 2 adults (the minimum age is 18).
- We are not able to accept requests for additional guests to stay overnight in any of the cabins.
- The cabins are not suitable for children or babies.
- Please do not invite additional day or evening guests on site without specific prior arrangement.
- The owners reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing except where a booking is deemed cancelled for non-payment of the balance of the price
- Cancellations where arrival date is more than 10 weeks away will result in the loss of your 25% deposit
- For cancellations within 10 weeks of your arrival date, these will result in the loss of the total cost of your stay
- In all cases we will try our best to re-sell your booking and where this is possible we will refund you the full amount paid, less £50 to cover costs/administration.
- If we are unsuccessful in being able to re-sell your booking dates, sadly no refund will be payable. To ensure you suffer no monetary loss, due to any unforeseen circumstances, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by us except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your wildcation or give you the option to re-book an alternative date. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us by you.
CHECK IN – CHECK OUT
- Check-in time is from 17.30 on day of arrival
- Check-out time is 10.00 on the morning of departure
- These times allow the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Please leave the cabin clean and tidy, as per the Check-in Check-out notice found in your cabin entrance. We reserve the right to make an additional charge for cleaning if it is left unreasonably dirty
- Please remove shoes before entering the cabin.
- Bath towels must not be taken off-site. A beach bag with blankets and towels is available on request.
- Little Menherion is peaceful and quiet and this is a big attraction for guests coming here. We ask all guests to respect this and the other guests on site by keeping noise to a minimum – any excessive disturbance (to include loud music, raucous/threatening behaviour, dangerous or any illegal activity) will result in the persons/party being asked to leave the premises and their holiday ended with immediate effect. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- We reserve the right to terminate a wildcation without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 persons and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition
- It is a condition of your stay that you, and and all members of your party, follow Government guidelines on testing, self-isolation and general precautions to safeguard yourselves, all at Little Menherion, the local community and Cornwall.
- We understand that due to circumstances beyond any of our control such as lockdowns, bookings may have to be cancelled or postponed. In the case of new lockdown restrictions being imposed (either countywide or nationally), we are happy to move your booking to another available date or refund any payment made.
- If you become ill with Covid before your stay and can’t travel, you will be required to provide us with the positive PCR test result. Once this is received, we will be able to offer you a date change, where this isn’t possible, we can offer a gift card or a refund minus a £50 administration fee.
- In either of the above two scenario’s, if you move your booking to dates with a higher rate than your original booking then any additional cost must be met by you.
- Little Menherion is a beautiful wild haven, ideal for pets – ours will definitely agree – but sadly we cannot permit guests to bring pets of any flavour with them
- Little Menherion is a nature and wildlife haven, we dislike smoking and most of the buildings have some (if not 100%) proportion of wood inherent in their construction. Therefore smoking is strictly prohibited inside all buildings and on all decking areas that surround the buildings and in or around any communal areas such the wild jacuzzi or wildlife pond.
- Should you need to smoke we ask that you respect the wild nature of the site and dispose of any item that you have smoked (e.g. cigarettes butts) with care and attention.
- Lanterns/ candles in any shape or form that have a naked flame are strictly forbidden inside or around all buildings.
- Each cabin has a private fire pit and guests are asked to keep all fires and any burning or hot items within the stone circle of the fire pit. BBQ utensils and cooking rack are provided. There is also a Dutch oven available on request. Please clean all of these items after use.
- Please do not use the cabin saucepans, baking trays or crockery on the fire pit.
- Wood burners within the cabin should be used as per the instructions contained within the cabin handbook and fed only with the fire wood provided by the owners. Should you choose to bring your own additional supply please check its suitability for indoor burning with the owners. Should you have difficulty lighting a fire, please ask for assistance.
- Wood burners must not, under any circumstance, be covered by clothing or flammable items.
- No lit fires, including wood burning stoves must be left unattended at any time
DAMAGE & BREAKAGES
- Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that future guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please inform the owners immediately so that appropriate action can be taken.
- If you damage or break anything during your stay report it promptly to the owners. We reserve the right to charge for any repair or replacement of said broken or damaged items.
- The accommodation will be inspected at the end of your stay and if any damaged or broken items are discovered that have not been brought to the attention of the owners. You will be charged for the repair or replacement of any broken or damaged items.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- We will endeavour to provide all of the utilities and services promoted on our website at all times but are not liable to pay any refund or compensation, should any of these fail for reasons outside our control
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance
RECYCLING & WASTAGE
- Guests are requested to carefully sort all items into the correct recycling bins provided and to keep contents of the landfill bin to a minimum
- Switch off lights and water taps when not in use.
- We do not accept liability for loss of property, personal injury or any accident during your stay except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- You are welcome to experience everything Little Menherion has to offer, exploring the site, taking a dip in the wild jacuzzi, borrowing bikes for a ride or any other activity offered but you do so at your own risk.
- Parking facilities are available on site and any vehicles and their contents are left at your own risk. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or possessions whilst on site
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- Any problem or complaint which you may have concerning your wildcation must be reported to the owners who will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported at the time and only reported after you have returned home from your wildcation will not be considered by the owner.
- This property is privately owned and is also a home.All guests are expected to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own home.